Amador County Museum is a County Division under the umbrella of
the General Services Administration (GSA). Amador County owns
and operates this museum, which is open to the public for tours
five days a week. The museum has one full-time and one
part-time employee, plus many volunteers. The museum exhibits artifacts
from Amador County.
- Museum Curator
1999-2000 Final County Budget
- Expenditure Status Report, as of June 30, 1999
- Expenditure Transaction Analysis, for fiscal year
- Revenue Status Report, as of June 30, 1999
- Revenue Transaction Analysis, for fiscal year 1998-1999
- Harvey M. Rose Accountancy Corporation Report
Museum site visit
- Website: www.amadorarchives.org
Amador County allocated $66,252 from the General Fund and
$10,360 from the Museum Trust Fund to support Museum
expenditures, including salaries and supplies, for the 1999-2000
- The museum has an account at a local bank under the name
"Friends of the Museum." The initial deposit was a donation from
the Amador County Historical Society.
- Funds from "Friends of the Museum" and from gift shop
sales are deposited into this account.
- Expenditures for the gift shop are taken from this
account, with only one signature required on withdrawals.
- "Friends of the Museum" is an informal organization.
"Friends of the Museum" has contributed to the benefit of the
- The lack of checks and balances in an informal
organization creates the opportunity for fiscal irregularities.
Formalize the "Friends of the Museum" group with by-laws,
officers and meetings.
- "Friends of the Museum" should explore the feasibility
of being organized under the umbrella of the Amador County
- The group should hold fundraising efforts to enhance the
- Checks drawn from the "Friends of the Museum" account
should require two signatures.
Table of Contents