SUPPORT SERVICE DIVISION
The Support Service Division is under the umbrella of the General
Services Administration (GSA). It provides support services for
the Purchasing, Central Stores, Motor Pool, Special Project
Coordinator, Data Processing, Communications, Building
Maintenance, Property Management, Waste Management, Grant Administration,
and Central Mailing Services throughout Amador County. These
services include printing, GSA administration, and mail and
1999-2000 Final Budget
- Expenditures Status Report
- Detail of Expenditures Report
- Harvey M. Rose Accountancy Corporation Report
- Document "HOP JOBS List," dated March 1, 2000
Costs incurred by the Support Service Division are accumulated
in the "Inter-Governmental Service Fund" and then allocated to
County departments and/or other agencies by a formula revised
each year based on previous year's experiences.
- The basis for cost allocation was developed by a
consultant in l986 and has not been revised since.
- The Project Management costs are tracked for each
specific job and those costs are assigned to the benefited
- Office supplies are purchased through a "piggy-back"
contract with San Joaquin County, who contracts with Office
Depot. GSA receives a rebate from San Joaquin County based on
volume of purchase.
- GSA is exploring alternative purchasing procedures.
The project management assignments lack prioritization and
monitoring for completion.
- GSA Support Services is using outdated cost allocation
and rates procedures.
The division should review and revise costing methods and rate
- The document listed as the "HOP JOB List" should be
documented to include prioritization, expected completion dates,
and monitoring system for compliance.
Table of Contents